- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- Oil spray
- 85 g lean beef steak
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small handful mixed lettuce leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ medium cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 small handful bean sprouts
- 1 small handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves
- ¼–½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons rinsed and finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
How to Make It
- To make the dressing, whisk the chilli, garlic, coriander stalks, honey, fish sauce and lime juice together in a small bowl. Adjust the balance with extra honey, fish sauce and lime juice, if needed. Set aside.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes, then loosen the noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cool running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Season the steak with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side or continue to cook to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest. Slice the steak against the grain.
- To serve, place the noodles, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, bean sprouts, coriander and mint leaves into a serving bowl. Top with the sliced beef and drizzle over the dressing. Toss gently to combine.