- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 30 g brown rice
- 30 g quinoa
- 90 g broccoli, cut into even-sized florets
- 3 semi-dried tomatoes, cut into slices
- 150 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Finely grated lemon zest and juice, to taste
How to Make It
- Place the rice and ½ cup (125 ml) of water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer for 20–25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa and ½ cup (125 ml) of water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10–12 minutes until the quinoa is tender. Drain off any excess liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a saucepan with water until 5 cm deep and insert a steamer basket. Cover with a lid and bring the water to the boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the broccoli and steam for 2–3 minutes until tender-crisp. Place in a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain well and roughly chop.
- To make the dressing, whisk the garlic, oregano, lemon zest and juice and 2 teaspoons of water together in a small bowl.
- To serve, place the rice, quinoa, broccoli, semi-dried tomatoes, chickpeas and parsley in a serving bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss gently to combine.