If you want to add even more flavor to this dish, use some chicken or turkey broth to cook the shell pasta before draining. Also, you can substitute the sweet peas with green beans or even edamame.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 box uncooked shell pasta
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 large cans of tuna in oil (well drained)
- 1 cup sweet peas (I usually use the frozen ones I thaw prior using them)
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
How to Make It
- Boil water and cook the shell pasta in a large pot as you normally would or as indicated on the box.
- Drain well and set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, mustard, vinegar, and spices.
- When the pasta has cooled down, add them to the vinaigrette. Add the additional ingredients: onion, sundried tomatoes, olives, peas, and the well-drained tuna.
- Use a wooden spoon to combine very well.
- It can be served as is, cold and perfect or you can add a little crumbled feta cheese on top when serving too.