- Yield: 1 round bread
- 1 portion tortano
- 4½ oz (125 g) mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz (100 g) chèvre or other similar goats’ cheese
- 1 handful mixed olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 handful red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) salami
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Make the tortano according to the basic recipe.
- Slice the mozzarella, crumble the chèvre, stone the olives, halve the tomatoes and finely chop the rosemary.
- Layer all the ingredients over the dough.
- Brush the edges of the dough with water and roll it into a thick sausage shape. Shape it into a wreath.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F/gas 10).
- Place the wreath on a tray lined with baking parchment, flour the bread and let it rise under a cloth for around 30 minutes.
- Put the tray in the oven and lower the temperature to 200°C (400°F/gas 6). Bake the bread for around 35 minutes and let it cool on a cooling rack.