- Yield: 1 round bread
- 1 portion tortano
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 9 oz (250 g) mozzarella cheese
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) smoked ham
How to Make It
- Fry the mushrooms and garlic in butter until soft and they have turned golden; season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Make the tortano according to the basic recipe.
- Slice the mozzarella then layer the mozzarella, mushrooms, rosemary and ham over the dough.
- Brush the edges of the dough with water and roll it into a thick sausage shapel. Shape it into a wreath.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F/gas 10).
- Place the wreath on a tray lined with baking parchment, flour the bread and let it rise under a cloth for around 30 minutes.
- Put the tray in the oven and lower the temperature to 200°C (400°F/gas 6). Bake the bread for around 35 minutes and let it cool on a cooling rack.