- Yield: 1 round bread
- 1 portion tortano dough
- 7 oz (200 g) mozzarella cheese
- 7 oz (200 g) prosciutto
- 1 bunch fresh basil
How to Make It
- Make the tortano according to the basic recipe.
- Slice the mozzarella and layer it over the dough together with the prosciutto and basil leaves.
- Brush the edges of the dough with water and roll it into a long sausage shape, then shape into a wreath.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F/gas 10).
- Place on a tray lined with baking parchment, flour the bread and let it rise under a cloth for around 30 minutes.
- Put the tray in the oven and lower the temperature to 200°C (400°F/gas 6). Bake for around 35 minutes and let it cool on a cooling rack.