Perhaps your kids are telling you that they are tried to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich on rainy days. Nothing like turning on the oven and making some tuna melts. Your kids will love you just a little bit more every time.
- Yield: 2 to 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 large can white tuna
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon your favorite dry mixed Italian herbs
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- Black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Spray with olive oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the bread slices on the baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, tuna, and seasonings.
- Spread the tuna mixture on each slice of bread.
- Add a sliced tomato on top and sprinkle the Italian herbs also.
- Finally, top each slice of bread with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese melts or for about 10-15 minutes.