- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Pinch of sweetener that measures like sugar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pierce the sweet potato with a knife to allow the steam to release. Microwave the sweet potato for 5 minutes or until it is fork-tender (or bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until fork-tender).
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise. Spoon the sweet potato out of the peel into a small bowl, leaving a thin layer inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own. Place the peel on a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish with the water and cover with plastic wrap. Pierce the plastic wrap with a fork and microwave for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain the water from the cauliflower and mash the cauliflower until it looks like mashed potatoes. Mix together the cauliflower, cottage cheese, sweetener (if using), garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium microwavable bowl. Stir the sweet potato pulp into the cauliflower mixture.
- Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes and stir until well combined. (Cottage cheese curds will melt in the microwave.)
- Spray the potato skins with cooking spray and bake for about 5 minutes to get the outsides slightly crisp. Remove from the oven and fill each skin with the sweet potato mixture. Top with mozzarella. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with the crumbled bacon if desired.