- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 60 Minutes
- 1½ cups dry white beans
- 8 cups cold water
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (If you don’t have a mortar and pestle to crush the fennel seeds, roll your rolling pin over them to crush them.)
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
How to Make It
- Wash beans. Make sure there are no stones in them.
- Soak beans in 8 cups cold water for 30 minutes. Drain off water.
- Place beans in the Instant Pot along with 8 cups chicken stock. Secure lid. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally.
- Remove lid from pressure cooker. Add remaining ingredients.
- Secure Instant Pot lid back on. Pressure cook on low for 5 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally.
- Serve with your favorite garnishes, like the ones listed, if desired.