This is such an impressive way to serve up an evening meal. Roast chicken no longer has to be reserved for Sundays when you can make one this simply and quickly in the pot.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 1.8-kg/4-lb chicken
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 300 ml/1¼ cups chicken stock (if using a stock cube, omit the salt from the seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
How to Make It
- In a small bowl or ramekin, mix together the smoked paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the dry seasoning over the skin of the chicken.
- Put the lemon half inside the chicken cavity.
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker and add the ghee or coconut oil. When hot, push the chicken down into the pot. Try to sear all surfaces of the chicken by moving it around and pushing it down onto the base of the pot. Once seared on all surfaces, take the chicken out carefully and rest on a plate.
- Add the stock and red wine to the pot, ensuring you deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. Add the potatoes to the pot and rest the trivet on top, being careful not to burn yourself on the hot inner pot. Place the chicken on the trivet.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 30 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method.
- To serve, place the chicken and potatoes on a serving plate, and serve the sauce separately in a small jug/pitcher.