Blueberries are loaded with many of the detoxifying antioxidants that are crucial for maintaining a healthy liver. A study published by the World Journal of Gastroenterology found that eating blueberries slowed the progression of liver diseases without the side effects commonly associated with conventional treatments. Choose wild blueberries whenever possible as they have twice the antioxidants of cultivated berries.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup warmed unsweetened coconut beverage or nut milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw liquid honey or monk fruit powder or ¼ tsp pure stevia powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds, unsweetened dried shredded coconut, Hemp Hearts or chopped raw nuts
- 1 Tbsp collagen powder
- 1 tsp bee pollen or maca powder
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Top with boosters and fresh berries (if desired), and enjoy!