These tasty bars have a high amount of fiber, which helps to keep the bowel moving. And the polyphenols in apples regulate blood sugar levels, which are key in the prevention of cravings, overeating and even type 2 diabetes. Afternoon crashes will be a thing of the past! Be sure to enjoy lots of liquid along with these bars to help the fiber transit easily.
- Yield: 12 bars
- 3 cups grated unpeeled apple
- 3 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅔ cup organic apple cider
- ¼ cup psyllium husks
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp pink rock or gray sea salt
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the pecans until well combined.
- Press into a parchment-lined 11-by-7-inch baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press pecans into the top. Serve warm.