Last Christmas my husband was given a kegerator system for our basement bar! It has become my go-to for beer-inspired recipes, and this is one of my new favorites. The beer helps tenderize and bring out the flavor of the meat, so you don’t even need to add any extra spices. The sauerkraut adds a distinct tang to contrast with the brown sugar.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- 28 ounces kielbasa
- 20 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can of beer
- 8 buns, for serving (optional)
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Slice the kielbasa into 3- to 3½-inch links and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover the kielbasa with the sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the sauerkraut, then pour the beer over all.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours.
- Serve as is or on buns.