- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1⁄3 large ciabatta, 12" total (4 inches in length)
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter, divided
- 1 golden delicious apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon + 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ pound MT TAM cheese by Cowgirl Creamery
- Walnuts, to taste (optional)
- ½ graham cracker, cracked into small to medium-sized pieces
How to Make It
- Slice ciabatta horizontally. Discard top or save for another use.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, cook 2 tablespoons sweet butter, apple slices, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon, continually stirring. Cook until apples are limp and mixture has a syrupy consistency, approximately 10 minutes. Do not drain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sweet butter on bread, followed by ½ teaspoon of brown sugar, MT TAM cheese, cooked apples, and syrup from pan. Crush walnuts on top if desired, followed by cracked graham cracker. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of brown sugar on top of sandwich.
- Bake sandwich on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.