- Yield: 1 Serving
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- ½ wholemeal wrap, cut into 4–6 triangles
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 75 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ garlic clove, crushed
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
How to Make It
- To make the carrot hummus, place the carrot in a small saucepan and fill with cold water until it just covers the carrot. Bring the water to the boil then reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer for 15–20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place the carrot, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, paprika and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. To save time, the carrot hummus can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan/gas 4) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the wrap triangles in a single layer on the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 3 minutes until they begin to colour. Turn the triangles over and bake for a further 3–5 minutes or until both sides are lightly coloured and set aside to cool.
- Serve the baked crisps with the carrot hummus.