On mornings when you don’t have time to eat breakfast before you leave for work, wrap a slice of this superfood-packed bread in parchment paper and eat when you get there.
- Yield: 10 slices
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (about 1 pound), peeled and mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coarsely chopped unblanched hazelnuts
- ⅔ cup goji berries
- ⅓ cup dried banana chips
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and line the bottom and two long sides with a piece of parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the bananas.
- Put the flours and baking powder into a bowl and mix well. Add to the banana mixture and beat until smooth. Add the hazelnuts and goji berries and stir well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top flat, then sprinkle with the banana chips. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until the loaf is well risen, has cracked slightly, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then loosen the edges with a blunt knife and turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool completely, then peel away the paper. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.