- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (188 g) heat-treated all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (32 g) banana pudding mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 drops yellow food coloring
How to Make It
- Place the vanilla wafers in a resealable plastic bag and make sure the bag is closed with most of the air out of it. With a rolling pin or another heavy kitchen utensil, smash the cookies until medium crumbs form. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. It should take about 30 seconds on high. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when done.
- Add the vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Add the food coloring until the dough turns a very light tint of yellow. If you prefer a brighter yellow, continue to add drops of coloring until your desired color is reached.
- Add the crushed cookies to the dough and fold in by hand.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks at room temperature, 1 month in the refrigerator, or 3 months in the freezer.