Eating this dough will transport you to a little coffee shop in Europe. It has the perfect balance of both strong coffee and caramel tastes. You really do get a pop of each flavor in your mouth, with the coffee coming first and the sweet caramel on the back end. Add some chocolate chips to create an even more decadent flavor pairing. This would be fun to serve at a family brunch.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (115 g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1½ cups (188 g) heat-treated all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (32 g) caramel pudding mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy. It should take about 30 seconds on high. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when done.
- Add the instant coffee powder and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks at room temperature, 1 month in the refrigerator, or 3 months in the freezer.