- 16 ounces penne or 16 ounces ziti pasta or 16 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 tablespoon garlic, minced from a jar
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, any flavor variety
- ½ cup provolone cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
How to Make It
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve ¼ cup cooking water. After draining, return pasta to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook until pepper turns bright green, 1-3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and barbecue sauces and heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken/sauce mixture and cheese to the drained pasta. Stir over low heat until pasta is coated with sauce. If necessary, slowly add reserved cooking water to make the sauce lightly coat the pasta.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with scallions and cilantro.