- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 7 gram packet of dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¾ cup warm water
How to Make It
- Grease and flour loaf tin. In a small bowl mix ¾ cup warm water with yeast and stand aside for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Add water and yeast mixture then mix well to form a dough. Turn dough out onto a clean floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place into a well greased loaf tin, cover and let dough rise in a warm spot for around an hour or until it is well risen.
- While dough is rising, preheat camp oven large enough to fit a loaf tin.
- Place the loaf in a tin into a preheated camp oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the loaf sounds hollow when tapped it will be ready. Remove from heat and let loaf rest for 15 minutes before slicing.