This hearty stew is the perfect way to use red wine left over form a party. If you buy a new bottle of wine, choose the same quality you would drink.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Hours
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut up
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 1 envelope (½ of 2-ounce package) onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Ground black pepper
- 1½ cups dry red wine
- Hot cooked noodles (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine meat and onions. Add bouillon cubes or dry onion soup mix. Sprinkle cornstarch, salt, and pepper over meat and onions. Pour red wine over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- If desired, serve over hot cooked noodles.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.