Roasted red sweet peppers give these herbed beef sandwiches authentic flavor.
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 6 ounces beef flank steak
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup low-sodium tomato juice
- ¼ cup bottled roasted red sweet pepper strips (optional)
- 2 (4-inch) long pieces French bread, split and toasted
- ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese (1 ounce)
How to Make It
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 1½-quart slow cooker. Place meat in cooker. Sprinkle with oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Pour tomato juice over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3½ to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking juices. Using two forks, shred the meat. If desired, stir roasted pepper strips into shredded meat. Place shredded meat on bottoms of French bread pieces. Drizzle enough of the cooking juices over meat to moisten. Sprinkle shredded meat with cheese. Cover with tops of French bread pieces.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.