- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 box (7 oz) elbow macaroni (21⁄2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1⁄3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 package (1 lb) cocktailsize smoked link sausages (about 48 sausages)
- 2 cups popped microwave popcorn
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 21⁄2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time. Return macaroni to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half, mustard, pepper sauce and salt; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in beer. Remove from heat; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Add sausages to cooked macaroni; stir in cheese sauce. Spoon macaroni mixture into casserole.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown. Top with popcorn just before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.