- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) superfine sugar or (21 g) honey
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking powder
- 1/3 cup (43 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead) or tapioca flour
- 3⁄4 cup (180 ml) rice milk, safe milk alternative, or water
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon or (1.7 g) lemon zest
- 1 cup (145 g) small fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, starch, rice milk, oil, salt, and cinnamon or zest. Stir in blueberries
- Heat a greased skillet. Drop a pea-size amount of batter in skillet; skillet is at correct temperature when batter turns golden quickly. Remove batter piece with a spatula. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of batter into skillet. When air bubbles form on the top, flip over with a fl at spatula. Cook on the other side and remove to a plate. You may cook 3 to 4 cakes at a time depending on the size of the skillet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.