Whether celebrating Cinco de Mayo, tailgating at a sports event, or just in the mood for Mexican fare, these tacos are easy, filling, and with the blackened seasoning pack in a lot of flavor. Pair these with a pitcher of Peach Margaritas, and let the fun begin!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 8 strips
- Chef Belinda Blackened Spice Blend, or a Mexican spice blend or taco seasoning, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Peach Salsa, to taste
- ½ cup pickled jalapeño slices
- 2 avocados, each cut into 8 slices and tossed with lemon juice
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Season the cod on both sides with the spice blend and sprinkle with oil. Cook on a stovetop grill pan over medium heat for 2–3 minutes each side until opaque.
- Warm the tortillas, 1 at a time, in a dry cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 20–25 seconds per side, until they smell toasty and start to get dark spots. Keep warm in a tortilla holder or dish covered with a kitchen towel.
- To assemble, divide the cabbage, cod, salsa, jalapeños, and avocado slices evenly among the warm tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.