- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ butternut squash, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bunches kale (choose your favorite kind), stemmed and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) jar Quick Cider Vinegar Pickles, made with red onions and red cabbage
- ¾ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup cider syrup
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash slices on the pan so they are not overlapping. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the salt. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the squash begins to brown. Set aside to cool. Make the Dressing
- While the squash roasts, combine the syrup, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and garlic in a mason jar, screw on the lid, and shake well to emulsify. Make the Salad
- Put the kale in a large mixing bowl. Add 1⁄2 cup of the dressing and vigorously massage it into the kale for about 15 seconds, or until the kale is nicely coated. Strain the pickled vegetables from their brine, add them to the salad, and toss well.
- Transfer the kale salad to a serving platter or bowl and scatter the squash chips, pecans, and feta over the top. Drizzle more dressing over the salad, if desired.