Bliss Bites are hands down our most popular recipe. The term “life-changing” has even been thrown around for these no-bake treats. People often tell us they’re a mainstay in their refrigerator or freezer—and a little dangerous to keep around! Luckily, the danger here is a wholesome variety: they’re made with no refined sugars or flours, just coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and oats. Essentially an inside-out mini peanut butter cup, they’re simple to put together—and pretty blissful.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ¼ cup Dutch process or dark cocoa powder*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- Place cupcake liners into a 24-cup mini-muffin tin.
- Make the bites: In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together 5 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and kosher salt, until fully combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the oat mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner, then freeze the tin while making the peanut butter glaze.
- Make the glaze: Wash the saucepan and return it to the stove. Over low heat, whisk together 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 4 tablespoons peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup until fully combined. Remove the tin from the freezer and spoon the warm peanut butter mixture over the top of the chocolate oat mixture. Return the tin to the freezer for 15 minutes until the bites are set, or refrigerate until serving.