Such a simple preparation but so delicious, with the nutty saltiness of the cheese playing against the bitter of the broccoli raab.
Other vegetables you can use: broccoli, broccolini, gai lan, turnip or mustard greens, asparagus, kale, collards
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- About 1½ pounds broccoli raab, trimmed and cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
How to Make It
- Boil or steam the broccoli raab for about 3 minutes, until it is bright green and beginning to get tender. Drain and plunge it into ice water for a few moments and drain again. (You can prepare the broccoli raab up to this point, wrap it well or place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to 2 days.) Squeeze the excess liquid from the broccoli raab and chop it coarsely.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant. Add the broccoli raab and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, toss with the cheese, and serve.