- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 small eggplants, diced
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the vegetable broth in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, and celery until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and basil and simmer covered for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the eggplant, pine nuts, capers, vinegar, salt, and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread.