Roasted cauliflower is plenty good on its own. But combined with a savory, spiced yogurt sauce? And then roasting them together into a burbling, bubbling pot of creaminess? You’ve got to be kidding me. I didn’t know vegetables could do this!
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, small florets
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cups Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss to coat. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the cauliflower in a single layer. Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 325°F. Transfer the cauliflower into a baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour this broth mixture over the cauliflower in the baking dish and stir to combine. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil or a lid, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the foil or lid and continue to roast for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and serve hot scoops over rice or alongside the Persian Layered Chicken Rice from,