- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 Tbsp butter, plus extra for greasing
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the beaten eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and grated cheese. Dot small lumps of the cream cheese and butter over the egg mixture, then fold in with a spoon.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30–40 minutes until golden and set all the way through. This is ideal served with a light tomato and watercress salad.