This mouth-wateringly tasty breakfast treat has always been a firm favourite with friends and family over the years. I first came across this great start to the day in a tiny bistro where I live. It is so quick and easy to make and so rewarding to eat. I hope you enjoy this delectable breakfast treat as much as I do.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 x fresh English muffins
- 8 oz (250 g) of medium sliced back bacon
- 8 oz (250 g) of grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Line your grill rack with aluminium foil and lay the strips of bacon on top and grill on a medium heat until the rashers are crisp and golden brown – not burnt and then set aside.
- Keeping the grill on a medium heat, now cut each muffin in half and place cut side up and place on to the foil of the grill rack. Next, put a handful of grated cheddar on each muffin, covering well. Now slice the bacon into roughly 50 mm x 20 mm strips, don’t be too accurate! Add the bacon on top of the cheese and try to cover as much of the cheese, without doubling up on the bacon. Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste and then put under the grill for between 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has bubbled and is golden brown. Serve immediately – hot.