There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked bread. While the bread by itself isn’t an appetizer, you can use it with several of the appetizers in this cook, as well as with other recipes. If you like herbed bread, add a sprinkle of your favorite herb to the dough.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 tbsp sweetener such as honey
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 egg white
- Combine the sugar and yeast with a cup warm of water.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour, then punch it down.
- Split the dough in half and form 2 baguettes.
- Let it sit for another hour to rise again.
- Use a sharp knife to cut slits in each baguette.
- Brush both baguettes with the egg white for a hard crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees, or until the baguettes are a golden color.