Even as vegans we have to admit, there’s lots of comfort in cheese dip. There’s nothing like a warm cheese dip fresh out of the oven except a warm cheese dip served on a garlic herb baguette. When this recipe worked as it did, we knew we’d have to share it with the world. Or at least with whoever reads this, which is you.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (130 g) raw, unsalted cashews (soaked overnight; see instructions)
- 4 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Cheesy Oven Dip
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. The next day, rinse and drain the cashews.
- After cashews are soaked, preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Place all the ingredients for the cheesy oven dip (except the cayenne pepper) in a blender and blend until completely smooth. You might have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Transfer the cheese mixture into 2 (3½ inch or 9 cm) baking dishes lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cheesy dip for 25 to 30 minutes until it is slightly golden on top.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of the cheesy oven dip and enjoy with the warm baguette! For Garlic Herb Baguette
- Cut the baguette in half and slice each half open lengthwise.
- Mix the olive oil with the minced garlic, oregano, basil, and salt. Brush the inside of the baguette with the oil mixture.
- Bake the baguette together with the cheese dip on top for the last 10 minutes to make it warm and delicious.