- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, divided
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs 2 onions, chopped 2 carrots, sliced 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 recipe Basic Biscuits
- ½ cup sour cream or canned coconut milk
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter or oil. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter or oil. Cook the onions, carrots, and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the onions start to soften. Add the broth, thyme, the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, and the reserved chicken. Increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven and stir in the sour cream or coconut milk. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Dollop 8 biscuits onto the chicken mixture. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Cover and bake for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 170°F.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.