Once you learn how quick and easy it is to make healthy chicken fried rice, you’ll never need to order it again.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 4 scallions, diced, white and green parts kept separate
- 2 large eggs
- 10.33 lb (600 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice, cooled
How to Make It
- In a large wok or non-stick sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and white parts of the scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Push the onions to the side of the wok, and crack in the eggs. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the eggs until scrambled and fully cooked. Mix with the onion.
- Push the eggs and onion to the side, add the cubed chicken to the wok, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken begins to turn white, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add 2 tbsp coconut aminos, and stir. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peas, and the green parts of the scallions. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked basmati rice and stir. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and remaining 2 tbsp coconut aminos. Stir and remove from heat.
- To assemble the meals, divide the fried rice evenly among 4 meal prep containers.