If you want a light meal with Southeast Asian flavors, look no further. Add Grilled Chicken Paillard or Ginger-Garlic Tofu for a protein boost. If you’re not feeling like sweet chili sauce, try Peanut Sauce or Fish Sauce Vinaigrette for a more Vietnamese-style bún. Top with sliced scallions and chopped peanuts.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ Cup sweet chili sauce
- One 8-ounce package rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated
- 2 persian cucumbers, seeded and julienned or grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, leaves pinched off and torn
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves pinched off and roughly chopped
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), sliced thinly on the bias
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Make the sweet chili sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles, stir, and remove from the heat. Let the noodles soften for about 5 minutes, or as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss the noodles, carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts, and half of the mint and cilantro with the sweet chili sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining herbs and the scallions and peanuts and serve.