- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 15 g powdered gelatine
- 450 ml strawberry juice
- 15 large strawberries, sliced
- 500 ml store-bought vanilla custard
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 Basic Sponge Cake, baked in the shape of the dish you will be using and sliced in half horizontally
- 250 ml whipping cream, whipped to soft-peak stage
- 100 g fresh cherries
How to Make It
- Make the jelly first so that it has time to set. Pour 30 ml boiling water into a jug and sprinkle the gelatine over it, then whisk carefully until it dissolves. Pour in the strawberry juice while whisking, to make sure it’s properly mixed.
- Place the sliced strawberries into a serving dish. Pour the jelly mixture over the sliced strawberries, filling the dish to about 10 cm deep. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until fully set.
- Pour the custard into a pan with the chocolate pieces. Gently heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the custard. Cover with clingfilm and cool.
- Place one layer of the basic sponge on top of the set strawberry jelly. Gently pour over the chocolate custard. Top the custard with the second layer of sponge.
- Gently spoon the softly whipped cream on top of the sponge and arrange the cherries on top.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.