- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Basic Sponge Cake, baked in two layers
- 250 ml strong good-quality black coffee
- 1 × 360 g tin caramel
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 100 g chocolate malted puffs, crushed, with a few reserved for decorating
- Black cherries, for decorating
How to Make It
- Cut the sponge cake to fit your serving dish or individual dishes, if necessary.
- Pour the coffee into a shallow, flat dish and dip the trimmed cakes quickly into the coffee. Place the first layer of cake into the serving dish.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the caramel and cream together until it has a soft dropping consistency.
- Stir in the crushed malted puffs.
- Dollop half of this mixture onto the soaked sponge and top with the other soaked sponge layer.
- Add the remaining cream and caramel mixture, sprinkle with a few malted puffs and a black cherry for decoration and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.