The sweetly tart taste of raspberries paired with the deeper and earthier taste of chocolate make this healthy minute muffin an absolute joy for the senses. And if you’re not big on raspberries or don’t have any on hand? Substitute them with strawberries or cherries for an equally delicious treat!
- Yield: 1 muffin
- 2 tbsp (13 g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (35 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp raspberry jam (for refined sugar–free, use a jam that’s been sweetened with fruit juice)
- Combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract, mixing until all the ingredients are well combined. Gently fold in the raspberries and drop the jam on top, using a toothpick or knife to swirl it around a little.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.