- Yield: 10 fish cakes
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 500 g g Basic Grilled Fish, flaked
- 500 g mashed potatoes
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 30 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 ml garlic powder
- 5 ml cayenne pepper
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 g dried breadcrumbs
How to Make It
- Carefully mix together all of the fish cake ingredients, except the oil.
- Place the fish mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape the fish mixture into 10 generous fish cakes.
- Dip the fish cakes into the beaten egg and then into the dried breadcrumbs.
- Place again in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up. You can also now reshape them if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the fish cakes over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden on both sides.
- Serve with classic tartare or sweet chilli sauce. These are delicious hot or cold.