If you’re looking for a decadent breakfast or brunch idea, you can’t go wrong with these chocolate waffles drizzled with peanut butter and sprinkled with shaved chocolate. If you want to mix things up, use maple syrup or almond butter instead of peanut butter, or top the waffles with fresh berries or jam! Whatever you do, it’s a hell of a naughty way to start your day.
- Yield: 7 small waffles
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- optional: ¼ cup (60 ml) hot water or more until the peanut butter sauce is drizzly
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 oz (15 g) dairy-free chocolate
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and give it a quick whisk. Add the maple syrup and plant-based milk. Whisk until incorporated. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut butter sauce. In a separate bowl, whisk the peanut butter, hot water (if needed), and maple syrup until it’s perfectly drizzly.
- Use a veggie peeler to shave the chocolate.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, spray it with nonstick cooking spray and add about an ice cream scoop–sized amount of batter for each waffle. Cook waffles in the iron until steam stops coming out of the iron and the waffle edges are slightly brown.
- Once you’ve made all the waffles, drizzle with the peanut butter sauce and top with shaved chocolate. Best start to the day ever.