Serve everyone their own mini pies and watch them indulge in all this goodness!
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Key Lime Frosting
- ½ stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients, except sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until fluffy and whisk in your remaining wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 - 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick put into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the sugar and butter together until smooth and beat in remaining ingredients. Let sit in refrigerator until ready to be used. Frost cooled cupcakes.