Enjoy three delicious cupcake flavours in one!
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of freeze dried strawberries
- 1½ tablespoons heavy cream
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients, except sugar and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until fluffy and whisk in your remaining wet ingredients, except melted chocolate.
- Fold the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter into half evenly. Mix cocoa powder and melted chocolate in one.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin cups, chocolate layer first and top with vanilla.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 - 20 minutes until a wooden toothpick put into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the sugar and butter together until smooth and beat in dried strawberries and heavy cream. Let sit in refrigerator until ready to be used. Frost cooled cupcakes.