Soak up the flavorful broth with chunks of your favorite crusty bread.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 envelope (½ of a 202 ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
- 1½ cups loose-pack frozen small whole onions
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh basil or parsley (optional)
How to Make It
- Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the host skillet until brown; drain off fat. Place chicken thighs in a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with dry soup mix. Add onions and mushrooms. Pour wine over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker, Use a fork to remove chicken from the bone, shredding it into bite-size pieces. Discard bones. Return chicken to mixture in cooker. If desired, serve with hot mashed potatoes and sprinkle with basil.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.