- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 3–4-lb corned beef brisket (not in a brine), cut into 6–8 pieces
- ¾–1¼ cups water
- 5–6 carrots, cut in 2–3” pieces
- 3 medium-sized onions, quartered
- salt and pepper
- half to a whole head of cabbage, cut into wedges
How to Make It
- Place corned beef in the slow cooker. Add water.
- Place carrots and onions around the meat if possible, pushing the vegetables in so they’re at least partly covered by the water. Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- Cover and cook on Low 4–5 hours, or on High 2½–3 hours.
- Add cabbage to cooker, pushing down into liquid to moisten. Turn to High and cook an additional 1½–2 hours, or until vegetables and meat are tender but not overcooked.