The key to the crisp is to press hash flat and let it cook undisturbed.
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1½ lb potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 lb corned beef, cut into ¼-inch slices and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
How to Make It
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until tender; drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Pulse corned beef in a food processor 6 to 8 times or until very finely chopped; add to potatoes in bowl.
- Pulse onion 2 to 3 times or until finely chopped; add to potato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corned beef mixture; press flat with a spatula. Cook 8 minutes; turn and cook 9 minutes or until crisp and well browned, turning and pressing flat with spatula every 3 minutes.