Marsala simmers rich goodness into sautéed chicken breasts for this upscale entrée.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 (6-oz) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ⅔ cup Marsala
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to ½-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in drippings 3 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Add Marsala, and simmer 3 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add butter, stirring until melted. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with parsley.