- Yield: 4 Servings as a starter
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- ½ lime, zested
- 3 oz (80 g) chilled crabmeat
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- One 4-inch piece of cucumber, seeded and cut into small cubes
- Salt (optional)
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp unsalted soft butter
How to Make It
- Add ½ tsp of the lime zest to a bowl, then break the crabmeat into the bowl. Add the kiwis, shallot, and cucumber. Squeeze in the juice from the lime half and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning and add salt, if needed.
- Toast the bread and cut it into triangles. Spread the bread with the butter and arrange on a plate next to a bowl of the crab tartare. Eat immediately.