This is my kind of recipe. No fancy-nancy ingredients, 10 minutes prep, then whack it in the oven. Plenty of time to go and check your emails and stick on a wash. Also dead easy to scale up or down. This gets the Disaster Chef seal of approval.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- splash of milk
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) cooked chicken
- 295 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 320 g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Whisk the egg, milk, and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Tear the chicken up and put it in a 23 cm (9 in) pie dish. Pour the soup into a bowl and mix in the mustard, then pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Brush a little egg mixture around the edge of the pie dish. Lay the pastry on top, pushing it down onto the rim, and brush it, too, with the egg mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, make a small hole in the centre of the pastry.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Serve with peas.